An Olio
a miscellany of thoughts

November 14, 2005

 

Galloping Colts

The Indianapolis Colts became the only unbeaten NFL team with their win yesterday 31-17 over the Houston Texans.

My team, the Green Bay Packers is so decimated by injuries that I won't be looking for them to appear in the Super Bowl or even win many more games this season. However, I was happy to watch them upset the Atlanta Falcons 33-25.

So my early favorite to win the Super Bowl this year is the Colts. One of the major reasons I am enjoying the Colts' success is their coach, Tony Dungy. He has an outstanding record and is, by all accounts, a top notch coach as well as a man of superior character.

During 1992-1995, Dungy was the defensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings. I thought at the time that it was a serious mistake for the Vikings to let Dungy get away. His subsequent career shows that is indeed the case.

Comments:
Post a Comment

<< Home